Thursday, July 15, 2010

summ-E-ry

Chuk-chuk-chuk.......aboard the Howrah Mail!That's where I will be there by this time tomorrow.....My summer officially draws to a close,16th July. Two and a half months of not-so-pure holiday coming to a grand end tomorrow...Back to my other life...back to college from the day after....Meanwhile, here's a summary of my summer...SUMM-e-RY!

First, I had been whisked off to my grandparents' place as soon as I stepped into Vizag. It was quite a pleasant,hot and lazy stay up there. The only stir caused by me receiving a call from Mu-Sigma affirming my internship. After a week in Vellore [aptly named so... Veyyil(the scorching summer heat) + ooru(place) = Vellore], off to Chennai, another pleasant, hot but a rocky stay. Went for a night show to Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam, one of the most pointless movies of the millenium.Still, it was pleasant.Then, my cousin got me a f*****ck watch! Very pleasant. Here comes the rocky part: ReSuLts! Although it was not something unexpected, definitely a blow ....a suppley!:( .............in a subject which I never understood, Automata(OMG! the sound of it repulses me)...I would not have had to re-write that particular subject too if not for the mood-off(resulting in the lack of the extremely necessary calm for the extremely necessary techniques needed) due to a show-down with the dean in the exam hall.....Yet, I have kept my heart...the rest of the holiday was peaceful...

Next destination Bengaluru......Mu-Sigma! Definitely pleasant! In the beginning, I was actually given a bit of work and I thought I better prepare myself for a battle against laziness...but then, the illusions were shattered even before they could be fully formed.....But, I do have my achievements over there too:- Learnt something about Excel and Access, an exposure to the office life to be expected if I pursue this line, learnt that the institute is doing a poor job of preparing us technically for the outer world( morally, it has definitely prepared me).....blah- blah...and then completed 6 novels, began blogging, had more than 6 drinks from the 6 varieties(coffee, lemon tea, Masala tea, chocolate milk, badam milk, butter milk) in 6 hours every day, learnt how to eat lunch for about an hour...in short, how not to get bored when all you have to do is nothing.....
In between, however, I had my breaks from the nothingness...a lightning flash visit by my sister in Bangalore....Super pleasant! My wardrobe replenished by the Bombay goods...watched the non 3D version of Shrek forever after, stayed at different mamas' homes different days and the late night girl talks!It was fun...wanted it to last longer....but then....not possible, you see!
Then, next break....went on a trip to Thanjavur-Trichy-Kumbakonam-Gangaikondacholapuram. Excessively pleasant! Amazing temples with amazing stories.....and my previous post was on the one which was the high light of  them all: the Brihadeeswara temple! I could just go on and on about it but guess I have already made my views clear.....

Again back to Bangalore to finish the last two weeks...they went off very very fast...what with my mother coming over for the last week, and the daily shopping, daily tomato slice and fruit salad in Ibrahim Sahib Street, the Lake view milk bar, the home delivered pizza, Odukkattur temple etc...And the daily excessive yum food because my mami wanted to feed me really well before I am off to college and off from Bang. Anyways, this is all off office premises...Within the premises too, there was an unexpected holiday due to the Bharat band and the rekindled excitement because it was my last days there..Plus, the added anticipation if I was going to receive the promised piece of paper, "my first pay-cheque" from "my first job"...They definitely kept their promise!Aaaah...when I touched that piece of paper, my own "hard" earned money! A spark went through me, a happy shock...an "aaj mai upar, aasma niche" moment!:D

Then...Vizag!4 days gone just like that... day out with my school friends, a sleep over with my inter friends, a kitty party at home and blissful rest the rest of the time.....Now that I have to pack again, I have a queer feeling....something I have not really experienced before....I am trying to place it...No..I am trying to accept it....not once before...at least never so profoundly.....I think its got to be home sickness. yeah..I guess I want to be with my mommy and daddy some more time.....some of my friends would smirk upon reading this but  then its true...I am Home-Sick! I know it will vanish in a few days time when college begins but till then.... 
          

I think I have given a good enough "summ-E-ry"! 
Thats all, folks!




3 comments:

  1. its one bad summ-e-ry..i dont get a mention at all anywhr..deeply hurt :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude...it was a quick summ-e-ry!....dil pe nai lene ka!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw lefcrtcgebtiukvgeiulnrcworegictmewa

    thats wat all is to comment frm my side...

    ReplyDelete