Monday, June 21, 2010

Sum(me,aarrrrgh)=Sum(me,r)=Summer?

Hey!reporting live from Mu-Sigma Solutions,EGL!The sun is shining bright again in Bangalore after many cool and cloudy days.
Statement:"Make hay while the sun shines!"
Negation:I am in an air conditioned room!
=> it does not apply to me!:)
In spite of the "active" sun,I have not come out of my weekend slumber..Just feel like drowsing off to glory!A cosy bed,many pillows,my softy bed-sheet...wonderful dream!:)
Yet,here I am (not)slogging in the office!

Enough of my lazy office stories and bullshit statements...Here's something that made an impression on me recently!I attended the wedding of my mama's friend's daughter...the typical Tamil wedding...nothing extraordinary,the usual food(my main attraction),fruit salad,ice cream,orchestra,buzz of conversation as people meet after a long time...one particular "buzz" was truly cool!6 friends meeting after 10 years!A doctor,a professor,another professor,a hotelier,a pensioneer,the last i-dont-remember-what-he-is..reminscing their Class 10 stories..They were the class of '61.It was so much fun and so much more weird to watch my 65-year-old uncle,a professor,talk of his days as a class 10 student..what really struck me was the amazing bond they seemed to share after all these years,a bond which has survived the toils of time and the ever-changing world...its wonderful!Hail friendship!And cheers to the class of '61 from this Bangalore School!:):):)

Back to my office...I am getting really bored...what a way to spend the summer!I am sick and tired of coming to this office everyday and most of the time,do nothing.I just want a typical summer vacation...shopping,reading tonnes of novels,travelling,exploring some new place,lazing at home,watching back2back movies,going to the beach with friends,to the amusement park with my cousins....But now,there is no fun,excitement..basically no change!Its all dull and it sucks!Atleast,that's my mood today!God,give me a break!!!
Fortunately,God seems to have heard my prayers!:)I am off to Chennai tomorrow night to attend a cousin's wedding and then to a short tour of some of the bold and beautiful temples of Tamil Nadu..the Brihadeeswara temple in Thanjavur,the vast SriRangam temple complex and the Rock fort in Trichy.Although,its not much..its definitely a break!And its what I wished for..So,no complaints!Thank you,God...Guess I will come back rejunevated for the last two weeks of my internship!:)Its not all "aaaarrrgh" for me after all...

4 comments:

  1. hey!!!
    m the first 1 to read this...
    n this is too.. nice
    hail frnship...
    miss u all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah truely....summer of '61 hail frendship

    aaaarrrgh its not raining here,

    "illa illaa something something illa illa..."-- chetan bhagat

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one!
    Enjoy the "break" btw...
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sandyyy just saw.... awesome !!! ur blog is truly like u.... fresh, new nd cool !! keep going :)

    ReplyDelete